Friday, February 26, 2010

Live in the Moment


Ok, so I'm reading a book that my mom gave me. She always gives me just the book I need, just at the right time. She has a very keen motherly intuition. The book is entitled A Mother's Book of Secrets, by Linda Eyre and her daughter, Shawni Eyre Pothier. This book is so inspiring, encouraging, and motivating. In addition to the great advice and awesome ideas, I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE the photography featured in this book. One chapter in this book is entitled "Moments," which happens to be the inspiration for my blog. So here is a paragraph from this chapter, I hope it will be encouraging to all of you!

"...A few years from now, I'll be roaming the mall, and all my kids will be in school. Yes, it will be nice. It'll seem so free and strange in a good way...there's no doubt, as I'm wandering the mall all fancy-free, that I'll run into my double self...she'll be wrestling with her toddlers with a frustrated look on her face, assuring them that they're almost done with the errands of the day. And oh, will I ever wish I could go back, at least for a little while, and slow life down while I snuggle those kids up and kiss their chubby cheeks. I'll try to envision them as their little selves, climbing on me, all whiney and needy, and I'll probably tear up a little just like I am right now because I'll miss those little people. I know the bigger form of my little people will be wonderful. I can't wait to "meet" them and grow with them. But for now, how grateful I am that I can recognize how much I need to cherish each moment- snotty noses, messy faces, dramatics, and all that craziness in one great big package with a bow. Because when I blink they'll be all grown up. But those moments that I cherished will still be there..."

Blessings to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment